Gowda to expand ministry to fill seven vacancies
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Saturday said he would soon expand his ministry
to fill seven vacancies.
Gowda told reporters that he plans to visit Delhi either
on December 27 or 28 to hold discussions with the BJP central
leadership on ministry expansion.
The Chief Minister is contesting the December 22 bypoll
to the legislative council and has been making all out efforts
to garner support for his candidature from his party and also
BJP rebels who have aligned with former minister B Sreeramulu.
The current strength of the Ministry is 27 and Karnataka
is entitled for a 34-member ministry as per the Constitutional
Gowda was sworn-in as the Chief Minister on August 4
after his predecessor B S Yeddyurappa was forced to step down
by the party high command after a Lokayukta report on illegal
mining indicted him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog