Gowda turns emotional; lists govt`s achievements
Kolar: Amid reports that he may be replaced, an emotional Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda on Thursday listed his government`s achievements in the last eleven months and said he gave a clean and corruption-free administration.
"I have given a clean and corruption-free government to the people in the last eleven months of chief ministership. My government has not faced any scams during my tenure so far. I take pride in it," he told reporters at a function here.
"I am fully satisfied with my work and tried to do something for betterment of the people," he said.
On his future, Gowda said he would work for the party and government.
Replying to a query, Gowda said he would abide by any decision taken by the party`s central leadership over leadership issue.
"I and some other leaders have explained the present developments within the party and are waiting for the outcome," he said.
Gowda said the present political crisis was due to some leaders not being accommodated.
There are reports that BJP central leadership might replace Gowda with Rural Development Minister Jagdish Shettar next week and a decision was expected shortly.
The B S Yeddyurappa faction is propping up Shettar to replace Gowda as Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'