Graft case against Yeddy adjourned to Sept 22
Bangalore: The Special Lokayukta Court here
today adjourned to September 22 further hearing on a complaint
filed against former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa
in a case of alleged graft.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao had on August 10 directed the
Lokayukta police to probe the complaint and submit its
findings by today.
Counsel for Lokayukta submitted the investigation into the
case is still on and the judge adjourned further hearing to
The complaint was filed on July 27 by JD (Secular)
spokesperson Y S V Datta alleging two firms owned by the two
sons and son-in-law of the then Chief Minister received a
kick-back of Rs 13 crore from a company for the award of a
civil contract for the second stage of Upper Bhadra Irrigation
He had alleged this company had also been favoured though
it quoted higher rates.
The Lokayukta police had filed an FIR against Yeddyurappa
under the Prevention of Corruption Act on the charge of
"favouring" R N Shetty and Jyothi Ltd in the project.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'