Graft case against Yeddy adjourned to Sept 22
Bangalore: The Special Lokayukta Court here
today adjourned to September 22 further hearing on a complaint
filed against former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa
in a case of alleged graft.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao had on August 10 directed the
Lokayukta police to probe the complaint and submit its
findings by today.
Counsel for Lokayukta submitted the investigation into the
case is still on and the judge adjourned further hearing to
The complaint was filed on July 27 by JD (Secular)
spokesperson Y S V Datta alleging two firms owned by the two
sons and son-in-law of the then Chief Minister received a
kick-back of Rs 13 crore from a company for the award of a
civil contract for the second stage of Upper Bhadra Irrigation
He had alleged this company had also been favoured though
it quoted higher rates.
The Lokayukta police had filed an FIR against Yeddyurappa
under the Prevention of Corruption Act on the charge of
"favouring" R N Shetty and Jyothi Ltd in the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?