Graft case against Yeddy adjourned to Sept 22
Bangalore: The Special Lokayukta Court here
today adjourned to September 22 further hearing on a complaint
filed against former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa
in a case of alleged graft.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao had on August 10 directed the
Lokayukta police to probe the complaint and submit its
findings by today.
Counsel for Lokayukta submitted the investigation into the
case is still on and the judge adjourned further hearing to
The complaint was filed on July 27 by JD (Secular)
spokesperson Y S V Datta alleging two firms owned by the two
sons and son-in-law of the then Chief Minister received a
kick-back of Rs 13 crore from a company for the award of a
civil contract for the second stage of Upper Bhadra Irrigation
He had alleged this company had also been favoured though
it quoted higher rates.
The Lokayukta police had filed an FIR against Yeddyurappa
under the Prevention of Corruption Act on the charge of
"favouring" R N Shetty and Jyothi Ltd in the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested