Graft case: K’taka HC to hear BSY`s plea
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court will on Friday hear the criminal petition filed by
former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa seeking quashing of the two corruption cases filed against him.
Justice Anand Byrareddy yesterday adjourned the hearing after directing senior counsel, Jayakumar S Pati, representing Yeddyurappa, to complete his submissions tomorrow.
Earlier Patil submitted that the cases did not contain "ingredients of an offence".
When Justice Byrareddy sought to know whether land denotification was the individual decision of Yeddyurappa or a collective one as land acquisition is a "long drawn process" and it seemed incongruous that denotification can be summarily done.
Patil submitted it (denotification) was a "collective decision".
The judge also sought to know the "link between the denotification and illegal gratification which was not clear in the cases".
While another senior counsel for Yeddyurappa, Haranahally Ramaswamy submitted that no investigation was ordered in the cases by the Lokayukta Court, which just proceeded to issue summons, Patil argued that the Lokyukta Special Court Judge had proceeded to issue summons "without applying his mind and because of media hype".
When Judge questioned "how do you say that there had been no application of mind", Patil submitted that allegations of forgery and cheating were not made out in the cases at all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31