`Gram Sabhas to be made mandatory for children`
Bangalore: The Karnataka government will make it mandatory for gram panchayats to hold gram sabhas for children to address their problems, Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar said on Monday.
"At present only a circular has been issued to conduct Child Gram Sabhas to mark celebration of Children`s Day on November 14. The government will now make it mandatory by issuing an order," Shettar said.
People`s representatives and NGOs should bring pressure on Gram Panchayats to hold Sabhas for children and solve their problems, Shettar said at Children`s Parliament, organised by the Karnataka Legislators` Forum for Child Rights and the Karnataka Child Rights Observatory and supported by UNICEF, Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply