`Gram Sabhas to be made mandatory for children`
Bangalore: The Karnataka government will make it mandatory for gram panchayats to hold gram sabhas for children to address their problems, Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar said on Monday.
"At present only a circular has been issued to conduct Child Gram Sabhas to mark celebration of Children`s Day on November 14. The government will now make it mandatory by issuing an order," Shettar said.
People`s representatives and NGOs should bring pressure on Gram Panchayats to hold Sabhas for children and solve their problems, Shettar said at Children`s Parliament, organised by the Karnataka Legislators` Forum for Child Rights and the Karnataka Child Rights Observatory and supported by UNICEF, Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened