`Gram Sabhas to be made mandatory for children`
Bangalore: The Karnataka government will make it mandatory for gram panchayats to hold gram sabhas for children to address their problems, Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar said on Monday.
"At present only a circular has been issued to conduct Child Gram Sabhas to mark celebration of Children`s Day on November 14. The government will now make it mandatory by issuing an order," Shettar said.
People`s representatives and NGOs should bring pressure on Gram Panchayats to hold Sabhas for children and solve their problems, Shettar said at Children`s Parliament, organised by the Karnataka Legislators` Forum for Child Rights and the Karnataka Child Rights Observatory and supported by UNICEF, Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray