`Gram Sabhas to be made mandatory for children`
Bangalore: The Karnataka government will make it mandatory for gram panchayats to hold gram sabhas for children to address their problems, Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar said on Monday.
"At present only a circular has been issued to conduct Child Gram Sabhas to mark celebration of Children`s Day on November 14. The government will now make it mandatory by issuing an order," Shettar said.
People`s representatives and NGOs should bring pressure on Gram Panchayats to hold Sabhas for children and solve their problems, Shettar said at Children`s Parliament, organised by the Karnataka Legislators` Forum for Child Rights and the Karnataka Child Rights Observatory and supported by UNICEF, Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued