`Gram Sabhas to be made mandatory for children`
Bangalore: The Karnataka government will make it mandatory for gram panchayats to hold gram sabhas for children to address their problems, Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar said on Monday.
"At present only a circular has been issued to conduct Child Gram Sabhas to mark celebration of Children`s Day on November 14. The government will now make it mandatory by issuing an order," Shettar said.
People`s representatives and NGOs should bring pressure on Gram Panchayats to hold Sabhas for children and solve their problems, Shettar said at Children`s Parliament, organised by the Karnataka Legislators` Forum for Child Rights and the Karnataka Child Rights Observatory and supported by UNICEF, Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday