Gulbarga, Shimoga airports to be functional soon
Bangalore: Minor airports at Gulbarga and
Shimoga would be operational by July, and the 11 km northern corridor of Bangalore Metro by year-end, Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj said Monday.
Delivering his address to the joint session of the state
Legislature, he said minor airports at Shimoga, Gulbarga,
Bijapur and Hassan are being developed on
He said the Namma Metro`s northern corridor of 11 km
with ten stations, from Peenya to Sampige Road, is scheduled
to commence its operations by December 2012 and the entire
Phase-I is expected to be completed by December next year.
"Expansion work in the Bangalore International Airport
will increase passenger handling capacity to 17.5 millions per
annum", the Governor said.
To ease the traffic, Bangalore Development Authority has
taken up construction of grade separators at 12 junctions in
the outer ring road from Central Silk Board to Hebbal flyover
and up to Tumkur Road junction to create a signal-free
corridor for a stretch of about 36 kms.
During this year, 12 railway projects have already been
taken up on a cost sharing basis and, to encourage more
public-private-partnership based projects, 12 departments
would get separate transaction advisors before March-end.
Bhardwaj said a centre for excellence under Integrated
Water Resources Management scheme would be established by
reorganising and revamping other existing institutions.
"This centre for excellence will help in formulating IWRM
principles, which will benefit the farmers of the State", he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head