HAL to hand over copter to Namibia, five ALHs to Indian Army
Bangalore: Defence major Hindustan Aeronautics
Limited would hand over a Cheetah helicopter to Namibian Air
Force, and five Advance Light Helicopter-Dhruv to the Indian
Army during the Aero India 2011, Asia`s premier air show
commencing here on February 9.
"The handing over ceremony of Cheetah helicopter to
Namibian Air Force, handing over first five Advance Light
Helicopter-Dhruv (Mk III, powered by Shakthi engines) of 159
ALH programme to the Indian Army, the mock up of Light Utility
Helicopter (LUH) are expected to turn heads," HAL Chairman
Ashok Nayak said.
"This Aero India, we will showcase our future products and
technologies, our designing capabilities and the excellence we
have achieved in manufacturing. We would also use this
platform to explore more business opportunities with other
countries," Nayak said.
A Fixed Base Full Mission Simulator (FBMS) of IJT would be
part of the display at the HAL stall, along with models of
medium-lift transport aircraft, which would be manufactured by
HAL and United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) of Russia, and ALH,
IJT, LCH, Do-228, Su-30 Mk I and Hawk.
The Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) developed by HAL would
also make its first flight during Aero India. The second
prototype, which would be weaponised would be unveiled too, he
The helicopter is an attack variant of the HAL manufactured
Dhruv, which has been inducted into the armed forces. HAL has
an order for more than 150 LCHs to be delivered to the
HAL has one LCH and one IJT at the static display and an
LCH and IJT at the flying display.
The Sarang display team flying the HAL manufactured Dhruvs
are also expected to perform breathtaking manoeuvres during
the expo. The display of Surya Kiran team of IAF is also one
among the displays to watch out for.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...