Halappa`s judicial custody extended till June 22
Shimoga: A local court Tuesday extended till June
22 the judicial custody of former minister H Halappa facing
charges of rape.
Halappa`s was brought before the court after his judicial
custody ended today.
The anticipatory bail applications of Halappa`s
assistants, Shivu and Basavaraj, will be heard on June 11.
Meanhwile, Halappa`s bail application is coming up for
hearing in the High Court tomorrow.
Halappa had quit as Food and Civil Supplies Minister on
May 2 following allegations of rape by his friend Venkatesh
Murthy`s wife Chandravathi. Halappa, who is also accused of
intimidating the family, was arrested on May 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'