Halappa`s judicial custody extended till June 22
Shimoga: A local court Tuesday extended till June
22 the judicial custody of former minister H Halappa facing
charges of rape.
Halappa`s was brought before the court after his judicial
custody ended today.
The anticipatory bail applications of Halappa`s
assistants, Shivu and Basavaraj, will be heard on June 11.
Meanhwile, Halappa`s bail application is coming up for
hearing in the High Court tomorrow.
Halappa had quit as Food and Civil Supplies Minister on
May 2 following allegations of rape by his friend Venkatesh
Murthy`s wife Chandravathi. Halappa, who is also accused of
intimidating the family, was arrested on May 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites