Hand over Prabhu murder case to CBI: Deve Gowda
Bangalore: Former Prime Minister H D
Devegowda on Friday led a padayatra to Chief Minister D V
Sadananda Gowda`s residence demanding a CBI probe into the
murder of Siddalinga Prabhu, an activist who opposed the
controversial NICE project.
The padayatra commenced from the samadhi of Prabhu, who
was a campaigner against Nandi Infrastructure Corridor
"Suspects in Prabhu`s murder should be arrested and the
case should be handed over to CBI," Gowda told reporters after
holding a meeting with the Chief Minister here.
Gowda said the Chief Minister has sought two days time
for taking appropriate action in the murder case. "We will
decide the nature of agitation in the next two days based on
CM`s response," he said.
Prabhu was hacked to death by unidentified persons on
October 17 near Talaghattapura.
"Police are trying to hush up the case by arresting five
persons belonging to an organisation," they alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof