Hand over Prabhu murder case to CBI: Gowda
Bangalore: Former Prime Minister H D Devegowda
on Friday led a padayatra to Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda`s
residence demanding a CBI probe into the murder of Siddalinga
Prabhu, an activist who opposed the controversial NICE
The padayatra commenced from the samadhi of Prabhu, who was
a campaigner against Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises
"Suspects in Prabhu`s murder should be arrested and the
case should be handed over to CBI," Gowda told reporters after
holding a meeting with the Chief Minister here.
Gowda said the Chief Minister has sought two days time for
taking appropriate action in the murder case. "We will decide
the nature of agitation in the next two days based on Chief
Minister`s response," he said.
Prabhu was hacked to death by unidentified persons on
October 17 near Talaghattapura.
"Police are trying to hush-up the case by arresting five
persons belonging to an organisation," they alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days