HC adjourns French diplomat`s bail plea to Sept 27
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday adjourned to September 27 hearing of the bail petition of French diplomat Pascal Mazurier, arrested here on charges of raping his three-and-a-half-year-old daughter.
Justice H N Nagamohan Das adjourned the hearing after Pascal`s advocate C V Nagesh made submissions before the court rejecting the charge against his client.
He submitted that though a hospital medical report indicated that the accused had committed the crime, the DNA report exonerated him.
Pascal Mazurier, Consular Attach? to the Consulate General of France here, was arrested on June 19 following a complaint by his wife Suja Jones Mazurier, a native of Kerala, alleging that he had raped their daughter.
On July 27, the Fast Track Court-I had rejected his bail plea observing that "though DNA test has not tallied with the DNA profile of the accused, bail cannot be granted to him only on this ground."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says