HC adjourns French diplomat`s bail plea to Sept 27
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday adjourned to September 27 hearing of the bail petition of French diplomat Pascal Mazurier, arrested here on charges of raping his three-and-a-half-year-old daughter.
Justice H N Nagamohan Das adjourned the hearing after Pascal`s advocate C V Nagesh made submissions before the court rejecting the charge against his client.
He submitted that though a hospital medical report indicated that the accused had committed the crime, the DNA report exonerated him.
Pascal Mazurier, Consular Attach? to the Consulate General of France here, was arrested on June 19 following a complaint by his wife Suja Jones Mazurier, a native of Kerala, alleging that he had raped their daughter.
On July 27, the Fast Track Court-I had rejected his bail plea observing that "though DNA test has not tallied with the DNA profile of the accused, bail cannot be granted to him only on this ground."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital