HC adjourns French diplomat`s bail plea to Sept 27
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday adjourned to September 27 hearing of the bail petition of French diplomat Pascal Mazurier, arrested here on charges of raping his three-and-a-half-year-old daughter.
Justice H N Nagamohan Das adjourned the hearing after Pascal`s advocate C V Nagesh made submissions before the court rejecting the charge against his client.
He submitted that though a hospital medical report indicated that the accused had committed the crime, the DNA report exonerated him.
Pascal Mazurier, Consular Attach? to the Consulate General of France here, was arrested on June 19 following a complaint by his wife Suja Jones Mazurier, a native of Kerala, alleging that he had raped their daughter.
On July 27, the Fast Track Court-I had rejected his bail plea observing that "though DNA test has not tallied with the DNA profile of the accused, bail cannot be granted to him only on this ground."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway