HC adjourns Nityananda case to Oct 20
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned to October 20 the petition filed by self-styled godman Nityananda praying for quashing of the two FIRs against him for criminal charges, including rape.
Justice Arali Nagaraj adjourned hearing of the criminal petition to October 20 in view of the state Criminal Investigation Department filing a Special Leave Petition in the Supreme Court.
The CID has challenged a high court order directing it to complete the Nithyananda sex scandal case in four weeks. Nityananda landed in controversy in March after a local
television channel aired a purported video footage showing him in a compromising position with a Tamil actress.
He was subsequently arrested in Solan district in Himachal Pradesh on April 21 and granted conditional bail on June 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal