HC adjourns Nityananda case to Oct 20
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned to October 20 the petition filed by self-styled godman Nityananda praying for quashing of the two FIRs against him for criminal charges, including rape.
Justice Arali Nagaraj adjourned hearing of the criminal petition to October 20 in view of the state Criminal Investigation Department filing a Special Leave Petition in the Supreme Court.
The CID has challenged a high court order directing it to complete the Nithyananda sex scandal case in four weeks. Nityananda landed in controversy in March after a local
television channel aired a purported video footage showing him in a compromising position with a Tamil actress.
He was subsequently arrested in Solan district in Himachal Pradesh on April 21 and granted conditional bail on June 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!