HC adjourns Nityananda case to Oct 20
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned to October 20 the petition filed by self-styled godman Nityananda praying for quashing of the two FIRs against him for criminal charges, including rape.
Justice Arali Nagaraj adjourned hearing of the criminal petition to October 20 in view of the state Criminal Investigation Department filing a Special Leave Petition in the Supreme Court.
The CID has challenged a high court order directing it to complete the Nithyananda sex scandal case in four weeks. Nityananda landed in controversy in March after a local
television channel aired a purported video footage showing him in a compromising position with a Tamil actress.
He was subsequently arrested in Solan district in Himachal Pradesh on April 21 and granted conditional bail on June 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible