HC directs CID to file affidavit in Nityananda case
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today
directed the CID -- probing criminal charges, including rape,
against self-styled godman Nityananda -- to file an affidavit
on September 23 on the progress made in the case.
When the petition filed by Nityananda praying for quashing
of the two FIRs came up before Justice Arali Nagaraj, the CID
which was asked to file an affidavit on September 13, sought
two days time to do so.
The court agreed to grant the time and adjourned the
hearing to September 23.
The self-styled godman landed in a controversy in March
after TV channels aired video footage purportedly showing him
in an objectionable position with a Tamil actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read