HC directs CID to file affidavit in Nityananda case
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today
directed the CID -- probing criminal charges, including rape,
against self-styled godman Nityananda -- to file an affidavit
on September 23 on the progress made in the case.
When the petition filed by Nityananda praying for quashing
of the two FIRs came up before Justice Arali Nagaraj, the CID
which was asked to file an affidavit on September 13, sought
two days time to do so.
The court agreed to grant the time and adjourned the
hearing to September 23.
The self-styled godman landed in a controversy in March
after TV channels aired video footage purportedly showing him
in an objectionable position with a Tamil actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened