HC directs CID to file affidavit in Nityananda case
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today
directed the CID -- probing criminal charges, including rape,
against self-styled godman Nityananda -- to file an affidavit
on September 23 on the progress made in the case.
When the petition filed by Nityananda praying for quashing
of the two FIRs came up before Justice Arali Nagaraj, the CID
which was asked to file an affidavit on September 13, sought
two days time to do so.
The court agreed to grant the time and adjourned the
hearing to September 23.
The self-styled godman landed in a controversy in March
after TV channels aired video footage purportedly showing him
in an objectionable position with a Tamil actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram
- Bridge collapses in Nepal due to flooding – watch dramatic video
- WATCH: MONSTROUS! When Brock Lesnar destroyed two opponents and a Cadillac
- Hillary Clinton's speech at Democratic presidential nomination - Watch video
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares mesmerising video of Newfoundland from space