HC directs CID to file affidavit in Nityananda case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday directed Criminal Investigation Department (CID), probing the criminal charges, including rape, against self-styled godman Nityananda, to file an affidavit on September 23 on the progress made in the case.
When the petition filed by Nityananda praying for quashing of the two FIRs came up before Justice Arali Nagaraj, the CID which was asked to file an affidavit in the court on September 13, sought two days time to do so. At this, the court the agreed to grant time and adjourned the hearing to September 23.
The self-styled godman landed in a controversy in March after TV channels aired video footage purportedly showing him in an objectionable position with a Tamil actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him