HC directs CID to file affidavit in Nityananda case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday directed Criminal Investigation Department (CID), probing the criminal charges, including rape, against self-styled godman Nityananda, to file an affidavit on September 23 on the progress made in the case.
When the petition filed by Nityananda praying for quashing of the two FIRs came up before Justice Arali Nagaraj, the CID which was asked to file an affidavit in the court on September 13, sought two days time to do so. At this, the court the agreed to grant time and adjourned the hearing to September 23.
The self-styled godman landed in a controversy in March after TV channels aired video footage purportedly showing him in an objectionable position with a Tamil actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’