HC directs CID to file affidavit in Nityananda case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday directed Criminal Investigation Department (CID), probing the criminal charges, including rape, against self-styled godman Nityananda, to file an affidavit on September 23 on the progress made in the case.
When the petition filed by Nityananda praying for quashing of the two FIRs came up before Justice Arali Nagaraj, the CID which was asked to file an affidavit in the court on September 13, sought two days time to do so. At this, the court the agreed to grant time and adjourned the hearing to September 23.
The self-styled godman landed in a controversy in March after TV channels aired video footage purportedly showing him in an objectionable position with a Tamil actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion