HC directs CID to file affidavit in Nityananda case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday directed Criminal Investigation Department (CID), probing the criminal charges, including rape, against self-styled godman Nityananda, to file an affidavit on September 23 on the progress made in the case.
When the petition filed by Nityananda praying for quashing of the two FIRs came up before Justice Arali Nagaraj, the CID which was asked to file an affidavit in the court on September 13, sought two days time to do so. At this, the court the agreed to grant time and adjourned the hearing to September 23.
The self-styled godman landed in a controversy in March after TV channels aired video footage purportedly showing him in an objectionable position with a Tamil actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued