HC directs CID to file affidavit in Nityananda case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday directed Criminal Investigation Department (CID), probing the criminal charges, including rape, against self-styled godman Nityananda, to file an affidavit on September 23 on the progress made in the case.
When the petition filed by Nityananda praying for quashing of the two FIRs came up before Justice Arali Nagaraj, the CID which was asked to file an affidavit in the court on September 13, sought two days time to do so. At this, the court the agreed to grant time and adjourned the hearing to September 23.
The self-styled godman landed in a controversy in March after TV channels aired video footage purportedly showing him in an objectionable position with a Tamil actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway