HC directs VTU VC to file affidavit on his marks
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Monday
directed Visvesvaraya Technological University Vice-Chancellor
H Maheshappa to file an affidavit on the "confusion" over his
marks and the allegations associated with it.
The division bench comprising Chief Justice Vikramajit
Sen and Justice B V Nagarathna Maheshappa stated this after
senior counsel Nanjunda Reddy, appearing on behalf of the VC,
submitted that he had scored first class marks but it has
been "misinformed" by Mysore University.
The bench directed him to clarify the confusion pertaining
to his marks and procedure adopted by VTU in selecting the VC.
Reddy said Maheshappa after failing in the ninth
semester, secured first class in the supplementary exams and
if these are added to what he secured in the 10th semester, he
(Maheshappa) gets above 60 per cent. "If the failed marks are
included, he will be declared second class," he said.
The Court also questioned Maheshappa`s affidavit in which
he has stated that the CV submitted to the selection panel was
When the court sought to know why he had not mentioned it
in the affidavit, counsel said he was not aware of it.
"You have a Vice-Chancellor who does not know his class.
What is he going to do?" the Chief Justice asked.
The bench then directed the Vice Chancellor to file an
affidavit and petitioner J H Anil Kumar who had moved court
challenging the appointment to find out the facts.
The court also directed the petitioner to inform it about
on the criteria to declare class.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH