HC dismisses CM, upholds Guv`s sanction order
Bangalore: In a major setback to
Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, the High Court on Thursday
upheld Governor HR Bhardwaj`s sanction to prosecute him and
and his family members on five private complaints over alleged
land scams, holding that it was the "precincts of law".
In his 200-page common order, Justice K N
Keshavanarayana dismissed all five petitions filed by
Yeddyurappa`s son-in-law Sohan Kumar, sons B Y Raghavendra, a
Lok Sabha member, and B Y Vijayendra, Dhavalagiri Developers,
a firm run by them, and beneficiary Akka Mahadevi, challenging
the lower court order taking cognisance of the complaints.
The complaints were filed by two city-based advocates
Sirajin Basha and K N Balaraj after the governor accorded
sanction for prosecution of the chief minister and others.
The judge observed the complaints were all right and
in "accordance with law" and did not suffer from any "legal
infirmity or lacunae".
Further, upholding the sanction for prosecution
accorded by the governor, Justice Keshavanarayana stated that
it was very much "maintainable" and within the precincts of
Quoting the Supreme Court judgement in the Vineet
Narayan case, the judge said the verdict cited seven
principles, including probity in public life, running a
government efficiently and in an exemplary manner, which
needed to be adhered to by all public servants (including the
chief minister) for a healthy society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'