HC dismisses election petition against BJP MP
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court has dismissed a petition challenging the election of BJP MP Sanna Pakkirappa from Raichur Lok Sabha constituency in 2009.
Justice Mohan Shantangoudar, in his recent order, dismissed the petition filed by JD(S) leader K Devanna Naik, one of the defeated candidates.
Naik had challenged the election claiming Pakkirappa had submitted a false caste certificate. He had also contended that Pakirappa was not an official candidate of BJP as the party had not given him the `B form`.
The Judge held the mention in Pakkirappa`s caste certificate that he belongs to "Hindu Valmiki" caste does not disqualify him as "Hindu" mentioned in the certificate belongS to his religion.
He also ruled that there was no ifirmity in recognising Pakkirappa`s candidature as BJP had entered his name in the column meant for substitute candidates after Raja Amaresh Naik withdrew his nomination on the last day of withdrawal of nominations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video