HC dismisses election petition against BJP MP
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court has dismissed a petition challenging the election of BJP MP Sanna Pakkirappa from Raichur Lok Sabha constituency in 2009.
Justice Mohan Shantangoudar, in his recent order, dismissed the petition filed by JD(S) leader K Devanna Naik, one of the defeated candidates.
Naik had challenged the election claiming Pakkirappa had submitted a false caste certificate. He had also contended that Pakirappa was not an official candidate of BJP as the party had not given him the `B form`.
The Judge held the mention in Pakkirappa`s caste certificate that he belongs to "Hindu Valmiki" caste does not disqualify him as "Hindu" mentioned in the certificate belongS to his religion.
He also ruled that there was no ifirmity in recognising Pakkirappa`s candidature as BJP had entered his name in the column meant for substitute candidates after Raja Amaresh Naik withdrew his nomination on the last day of withdrawal of nominations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...