HC dismisses election petition against BJP MP
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court has dismissed a petition challenging the election of BJP MP Sanna Pakkirappa from Raichur Lok Sabha constituency in 2009.
Justice Mohan Shantangoudar, in his recent order, dismissed the petition filed by JD(S) leader K Devanna Naik, one of the defeated candidates.
Naik had challenged the election claiming Pakkirappa had submitted a false caste certificate. He had also contended that Pakirappa was not an official candidate of BJP as the party had not given him the `B form`.
The Judge held the mention in Pakkirappa`s caste certificate that he belongs to "Hindu Valmiki" caste does not disqualify him as "Hindu" mentioned in the certificate belongS to his religion.
He also ruled that there was no ifirmity in recognising Pakkirappa`s candidature as BJP had entered his name in the column meant for substitute candidates after Raja Amaresh Naik withdrew his nomination on the last day of withdrawal of nominations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional