HC dismisses petition filed by former minister
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Monday dismissed a criminal petition filed by former minister and Muzrai Development Board Chairperson S N Krishnaiah Setty, seeking quashing of the FIR filed by CBI against him in a bank fraud case.
Justice N Ananda dismissed the petition when it came up before him for hearing.
Setty, BJP MLA from Malur in his petition had challenged the registration of the First Information Report (FIR) by CBI in 2008 based on a complaint from the Vigilance Officer of the State Bank of Mysore.
The CBI had registered case under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code, as well as the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The High Court permitted investigation, but directed the CBI to submit the investigation and submit the final report by February 3, 2010.
The complainant alleged that Setty (through his firm Balaji Kripa Enterprises), along with M T V Reddy, the then Chief Manager of the Specialised Personal Branch of SBM and others, had obtained crores of Rupees as housing loans using bogus documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog