HC dismisses petition filed by former minister
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Monday dismissed a criminal petition filed by former minister and Muzrai Development Board Chairperson S N Krishnaiah Setty, seeking quashing of the FIR filed by CBI against him in a bank fraud case.
Justice N Ananda dismissed the petition when it came up before him for hearing.
Setty, BJP MLA from Malur in his petition had challenged the registration of the First Information Report (FIR) by CBI in 2008 based on a complaint from the Vigilance Officer of the State Bank of Mysore.
The CBI had registered case under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code, as well as the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The High Court permitted investigation, but directed the CBI to submit the investigation and submit the final report by February 3, 2010.
The complainant alleged that Setty (through his firm Balaji Kripa Enterprises), along with M T V Reddy, the then Chief Manager of the Specialised Personal Branch of SBM and others, had obtained crores of Rupees as housing loans using bogus documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India