HC disposes of anticipatory bail petition by BSY
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court Monday disposed of a criminal petition seeking anticipatory bail filed by former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in connection with a private complaint against him and others, alleging illegal denotification of government land near Devanahalli and Dobbaspet.
Justice H N Nagamohan Das disposed of the petition after Lokayukta police probing the case submitted there was no need to arrest him as the chargesheet had already been filed.
On Oct 24 2011, the Lokayukta court had ordered a probe by Lokyukta police into the complaint against Industries Minister Murugesh Nirani and others, including Yeddyurappa, the then Chief Minister, alleging illegal denotification of government land for pecuniary gain.
Admitting the complaint filed under the Prevention of Corruption Act by city-based entrepreneur Alam Pasha,Lokayukta Court judge Justice N K Sudhindra Rao directed Superintendent of Police, Lokayukta (Bangalore Urban) to investigate the charges levelled in the complaint and report it.
The complaint charged Nirani and eight others,including his family members, with "misusing his position as Industries minister" and floating a number of non-existent companies and illegally denotifying Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board land in Devanahalli and Dobbaspet to them for "pecuniary gain", causing over Rs 130 crore loss to the state exchequer.
A chargesheet was filed in this connection in May this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail