HC grants anticipatory bail to BJP MLA Muniraju
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today granted anticipatory bail to BJP MLA S Muniraju in an alleged land grab case.
Justice V Jagannathan directed him to furnish a personal bond of Rs one lakh and surety for the like sum and that he should not leave the state or the country without the permission of the court.
The Lokayukta Police had filed a chargesheet against Muniraju and others on July 13 after investigating a private complaint by Puttaswamy, who alleged that a plot of land belonging to his mother-in-law had been encroached by the legislator in connivance with officials.
Puttaswamy accused Muniraju of claiming ownership of 1.5 acres in Kereguddadahalli, which do not belong to him.
Muniraju`s anticipatory bail had been rejected by the Lokayukta court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IND vs WI: 'Man of the match' Ravichandran Ashwin credits skipper Virat Kohli for Antigua ton
- Pak police arrest Qandeel's sister, cousin
- 'Suicides in educational institutions not higher than society'
- Barack Obama's half-brother says he will vote for Donald Trump
- Three Ukrainian soldiers killed in separatist east