HC grants anticipatory bail to BJP MLA Muniraju
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today granted anticipatory bail to BJP MLA S Muniraju in an alleged land grab case.
Justice V Jagannathan directed him to furnish a personal bond of Rs one lakh and surety for the like sum and that he should not leave the state or the country without the permission of the court.
The Lokayukta Police had filed a chargesheet against Muniraju and others on July 13 after investigating a private complaint by Puttaswamy, who alleged that a plot of land belonging to his mother-in-law had been encroached by the legislator in connivance with officials.
Puttaswamy accused Muniraju of claiming ownership of 1.5 acres in Kereguddadahalli, which do not belong to him.
Muniraju`s anticipatory bail had been rejected by the Lokayukta court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city