HC grants anticipatory bail to BJP MLA Muniraju
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today granted anticipatory bail to BJP MLA S Muniraju in an alleged land grab case.
Justice V Jagannathan directed him to furnish a personal bond of Rs one lakh and surety for the like sum and that he should not leave the state or the country without the permission of the court.
The Lokayukta Police had filed a chargesheet against Muniraju and others on July 13 after investigating a private complaint by Puttaswamy, who alleged that a plot of land belonging to his mother-in-law had been encroached by the legislator in connivance with officials.
Puttaswamy accused Muniraju of claiming ownership of 1.5 acres in Kereguddadahalli, which do not belong to him.
Muniraju`s anticipatory bail had been rejected by the Lokayukta court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested