HC grants anticipatory bail to BJP MLA Muniraju
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today granted anticipatory bail to BJP MLA S Muniraju in an alleged land grab case.
Justice V Jagannathan directed him to furnish a personal bond of Rs one lakh and surety for the like sum and that he should not leave the state or the country without the permission of the court.
The Lokayukta Police had filed a chargesheet against Muniraju and others on July 13 after investigating a private complaint by Puttaswamy, who alleged that a plot of land belonging to his mother-in-law had been encroached by the legislator in connivance with officials.
Puttaswamy accused Muniraju of claiming ownership of 1.5 acres in Kereguddadahalli, which do not belong to him.
Muniraju`s anticipatory bail had been rejected by the Lokayukta court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon