HC grants anticipatory bail to Yeddyurappa, son
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday granted anticipatory bail to former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa, his son BY Raghavendra and five others in connection with a private complaint filed against them before Lokayukta Court alleging illegal denotifications of lands in Bhadravathi and Shimoga.
Justice K N Keshavanarayana granted them anticipatory bail.
On November 15, Shimoga-based advocate B Vinod had filed a memo before Lokayukta court judge N K Sudhindra Rao furnishing a copy of the letter he had written to the then chief minister D V Sadananda Gowda, the governor, DGP and Home Minister on June 5 alleging that he was being threatened by some persons through calls on his mobile phone not to pursue the case.
On September 4, the Lokayukta court had ordered issue of Yeddyurappa, Raghavendra, MP, and five others in connection with the complaint.
Subsequently, Yeddyurappa, his son and other accused in the case except one Manjunath filed criminal petitions in High Court seeking quashing of the case.
Vinod in his complaint had alleged Yeddyurappa abused his official position and denotified 69 acres at Bhadravathi in 2010 and two months later got them transferred to a firm using five `benamidars`.
Vinod also alleged that the former chief minister used the `benamidars` to get the lands transferred in the name of Dhavalagiri Properties, two months after denotifying them.
He alleged that more than 250 acres of the forest land located at Reserve Forest in Bhadravathi was denotified between year 2010-2011 and Yeddyurappa had amassed disproportionate assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal