HC grants anticipatory bail to Yeddyurappa, son
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday granted anticipatory bail to former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa, his son BY Raghavendra and five others in connection with a private complaint filed against them before Lokayukta Court alleging illegal denotifications of lands in Bhadravathi and Shimoga.
Justice K N Keshavanarayana granted them anticipatory bail.
On November 15, Shimoga-based advocate B Vinod had filed a memo before Lokayukta court judge N K Sudhindra Rao furnishing a copy of the letter he had written to the then chief minister D V Sadananda Gowda, the governor, DGP and Home Minister on June 5 alleging that he was being threatened by some persons through calls on his mobile phone not to pursue the case.
On September 4, the Lokayukta court had ordered issue of Yeddyurappa, Raghavendra, MP, and five others in connection with the complaint.
Subsequently, Yeddyurappa, his son and other accused in the case except one Manjunath filed criminal petitions in High Court seeking quashing of the case.
Vinod in his complaint had alleged Yeddyurappa abused his official position and denotified 69 acres at Bhadravathi in 2010 and two months later got them transferred to a firm using five `benamidars`.
Vinod also alleged that the former chief minister used the `benamidars` to get the lands transferred in the name of Dhavalagiri Properties, two months after denotifying them.
He alleged that more than 250 acres of the forest land located at Reserve Forest in Bhadravathi was denotified between year 2010-2011 and Yeddyurappa had amassed disproportionate assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened