HC issues notice to CBI on Yeddyurappa`s bail
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Thursday issued notice to CBI on the anticipatory bail petitions filed by former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and his family members in the illegal mining case.
Justice Subhash B Adi sought CBI`s response as the petitions filed by Yeddyurappa, his sons B Y Raghavendra, MP, and B Y Vijendra and son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar came up for hearing.
The court adjourned to tomorrow the petitions and pleas of Yeddyurappa and others seeking interim bail.`
Yeddyurappa moved the high court after the CBI court yesterday dismissed their anticipatory bail petitions in the case registered by the CBI on directions from the Supreme Court.
CBI judge D R Venkata Sudarshan dismissed the petitions stating that granting bail would come in the way of the probe.
Last month, the CBI registered the FIR against Yeddyurappa and others and raided their residential and other premises as part of the probe ordered by the apex court on the recommendations of the Central Empowered Committee set up by it to look into illegal mining.
Yeddyurappa, who quit as chief minister after the indictment by Lokayukta report on illegal mining issue in July last year, has been entangled in a series of corruption cases pertaining mostly to alleged irregularities in denotification of land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'