HC issues notice to Karnataka govt in Madani bail petition
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday
ordered issue of notice to the state government on the bail
petition filed by Kerala PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, one
of the accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial blasts.
When the petition came for hearing before Justice N
Ananda, he directed the government advocate to take notice of
the petition on behalf of the government and granted one
week`s time to file their objections on the matter.
In his bail petition filed two days ago, Madani had
sought his release on the ground that there is no prima-facie
evidence against him to implicate him in the blasts.
A team of Bangalore Police had arrested Madani from
his orphanage-cum-madrasa Anwarssery in Kerala on August 17.
On December 3, a local court had committed the case for trial.
Madani is among 31 people named in the charge sheet in
the case relating to the July 2008 blasts that killed a woman
and left and 20 others injured.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on