HC notices on Kumaraswamy`s plea for quashing case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Wednesday ordered issue of notice to Lokayukta police on a petition filed by former chief minister H D Kumraswamy seeking quashing of an alleged land scam case filed against him in the Lokayukta court.
Justice Anand Byrareddy ordered issue of notices to the respondents, including Mahadevaswamy, on whose private complaint the Lokayukta Court initiated the proceedings.
On April 21, the Lokayukta court had ordered issue of summons to Kumaraswamy and others on the private complaint which alleged he violated rules in ordering denotification of 3.8 acres of land in Thanisandra acquired for formation of a layout. The court had directed Kumaraswamy to appear before it on May 21.
Kumaraswamy`s counsel Hazmath Pasha submitted that the land was denotified to the landlords on compassionate grounds as their father, a well-known surgeon had rendered yeomen service.
He alleged that the complaint was "politically motivated" filed at the instance rival party BJP and the complainant Mahadevaswamy is a BJP activist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS