HC orders issue of notices to Home Secy, DGP, SP
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday ordered issue of notices to the Home Secretary, DGP and SP of Chikkaballapura on a suo motu PIL relating to the suspected honour killing of a law student last month.
The division bench headed by Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen ordered issue of notices on the suo motu PIL regarding the suspected honour killing of 21-year-old Brahmarambika, a student of Sheshadripuram College on May 20, and also directed them to furnish a reply within three weeks.
Students of the college had written a letter to Justice D V Shylendra Kumar suspecting honour killing and seeking a probe by Corps of Detectives into the case.
Justice Shylendra Kumar forwarded the letter to the Chief Justice for appropriate orders.
Brahmarambika, was a native of Gowribidanur taluk in Chikkaballapura district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!