HC orders issue of notices to Home Secy, DGP, SP
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday ordered issue of notices to the Home Secretary, DGP and SP of Chikkaballapura on a suo motu PIL relating to the suspected honour killing of a law student last month.
The division bench headed by Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen ordered issue of notices on the suo motu PIL regarding the suspected honour killing of 21-year-old Brahmarambika, a student of Sheshadripuram College on May 20, and also directed them to furnish a reply within three weeks.
Students of the college had written a letter to Justice D V Shylendra Kumar suspecting honour killing and seeking a probe by Corps of Detectives into the case.
Justice Shylendra Kumar forwarded the letter to the Chief Justice for appropriate orders.
Brahmarambika, was a native of Gowribidanur taluk in Chikkaballapura district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes