HC orders status quo on Art Of Living
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Tuesday
ordered status quo on a petition charging Art of Living (AOL)
International Centre of illegally encroaching the water spread
area of Udipalya tank for construction of some buildings.
A division bench headed by acting Chief Justice Vikramjit
Sen ordered status quo on a PIL filed by advocate N Sriram
Reddy, who had alleged that AOL International Centre had
encroached the water spread area of the tank to construct some
This had resulted in the reduction of area from 14.8
hectares to 8-10 hectares, he had claimed.
The petitioner in his prayer also sought that the Centre
be refrained from taking up any further constructions.
On October 14, the High Court had ordered issue of
notices to AOL and the government on the PIL. The court today
granted time to AOL to file its objections and adjourned the
case to December 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack