HC orders status quo on demolition of slum houses
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Wednesday ordered
status quo till July 18 on the demolition of 21 houses in
a local slum by the city corporation to facilitate Metro work
near `Mantri Mall`.
Justice Abdul Nazeer ordered status quo on a writ petition
filed by the residents of the Jai Bheem Nagar slum urging the
Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (corporation) not to evict
the slum dwellers on which the court had ordered notice to
Counsel for the petitioners, Dhanraj, submitted that even
as the petition filed on July 8 was pending before the court,
the BBMP decided to "illegally" raze the slums.
The court further ordered issue of notice to Bangalore
Metro Rail Corporation (BMRCL) and adjourned the matter to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- READ: Chris Gayle 'warns' Yuvraj Singh ahead of RCB vs SRH IPL 2016 final
- Government to unveil solar zones policy in June
- RBI to lower rates by another 0.50% in FY17: Morgan Stanley
- Telcos take cover under new technology to mask call drops
- Black money: PM Modi to visit Switzerland, discuss issue with Swiss Prez