HC posts orders on BSY`s anticipatory bail pleas
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court posted for
orders to Wednesday, the anticipatory bail applications filed
by former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and his family
members in two corruption cases.
Justice H Billappa, who commenced dictating orders in the
morning, said he would conclude it tomorrow as the work
remained inclusive on Tuesday.
Yeddyurappa, his two sons, BY Raghavendra, a Lok Sabha
member, BY Vijayendra and his son-in-law Sohan Kumar are
seeking anticipatory bail in the corruption cases in which
they are the main accused, apprehending arrest.
Earlier, objections were raised by counsel for Sirajin
Basha, the complainant, to the judge taking up the fifth case.
The Counsel stated that since different accused in the case
had moved their anticipatory bail pleas before another judge,
these petitions should also be taken by the same judge as per
a recent High Court circular.
To this, the Yeddyurappa`s counsel submitted that there was
no legal bar on the petitions being taken up by this court,
particularly when the matter has been completely heard and is
in the process of dictation of orders.
At this, Justice Billappa said the he would commence
dictation of the orders in the two cases and would take a
decision on the last case tomorrow.
The fifth and sixth accused (Adarsh Developers) in the
last case had filed their anticipatory bail pleas before
Justice Huluwadi Ramesh earlier, which was not rejected on
merit but the court directed them to go before the trial
Meanwhile, Yeddyurappa who was supposed to appear before
the Lokayukta court as officially his judicial custody ended
today even as the High Court granted him bail earlier, filed
an application seeking exemption.
Lokayukta court had adjourned the matter to December 1 for
appearance of the main accused, Yeddyurappa.
Sirajin Basha had filed in all five cases and Lokayukta
court had ordered the arrest of Yeddyurappa in two cases.
Yeddyurappa was released from judicial custody on November
8 after he was granted bail in a case in which he had been
arrested on October 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state