HC quashes land acquisition for Bellary airport
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday
quashed two state government notifications issued in 2010 for
acquisition of about 250 acres of land for the proposed
Bellary Airport project.
Allowing a batch of petitions by 70 farmers challenging
the acquisition of their `fertile` land by the Karnataka
Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB), Justice Abdul
Nazeer quashed the government notifications dated January 23,
2010 and June 7, 2010.
The Judge directed the KIADB to consider the objections
raised by the farmers.
Since 2009, farmers had been agitating against acquisition
of their land for the project.
Justice Nazeer had earlier stayed the acquisition of the
land when the matter came up before the circuit bench of the
high court in Dharwad in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum