HC quashes land grab complaint against Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: In a relief to former Chief Minister and KJP leader B S Yeddyurappa, Karnataka High Court Tuesday quashed a land grab complaint against him.
Justice K N Keshavanarayana quashed the complaint alleging encroachment of land in Bhadra Reserve Forest by Yeddyurappa and others on the grounds that it does not attract the jurisdiction of Bangalore.
"The lands are situated in Shimoga. The transactions have taken place in Shimoga. The addresses of all the accused are in Shimoga," the court observed.
The court, however, granted the liberty to the respondent, Shimoga-based advocate Vinod B to re-present the complaint before the Lokayukta court at Shimoga.
Speaking to PTI outside the court premises, Vinod said "we will be filing an application before the Lokayukta court at Bangalore seeking return of documents to file it before the Lokayukta court in Shimoga".
Yeddyurappa, his son B Y Raghavendra, MP and five `benamidars`, who have been named in the complaint, had filed a petition in the High Court seeking its quashing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Mayawati-Dayashankar Singh row: BJP women leaders to protest in Lucknow against BSP today
- Delhi Police arrests DP Yadav in connection with betting racket
- Sushma Swaraj to make last ditch effort to save Indian facing execution in Indonesia today
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares wide view of Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming from space!
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...