HC quashes land grab complaint against Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: In a relief to former Chief Minister and KJP leader B S Yeddyurappa, Karnataka High Court Tuesday quashed a land grab complaint against him.
Justice K N Keshavanarayana quashed the complaint alleging encroachment of land in Bhadra Reserve Forest by Yeddyurappa and others on the grounds that it does not attract the jurisdiction of Bangalore.
"The lands are situated in Shimoga. The transactions have taken place in Shimoga. The addresses of all the accused are in Shimoga," the court observed.
The court, however, granted the liberty to the respondent, Shimoga-based advocate Vinod B to re-present the complaint before the Lokayukta court at Shimoga.
Speaking to PTI outside the court premises, Vinod said "we will be filing an application before the Lokayukta court at Bangalore seeking return of documents to file it before the Lokayukta court in Shimoga".
Yeddyurappa, his son B Y Raghavendra, MP and five `benamidars`, who have been named in the complaint, had filed a petition in the High Court seeking its quashing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days