HC quashes land grab complaint against Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: In a relief to former Chief Minister and KJP leader B S Yeddyurappa, Karnataka High Court Tuesday quashed a land grab complaint against him.
Justice K N Keshavanarayana quashed the complaint alleging encroachment of land in Bhadra Reserve Forest by Yeddyurappa and others on the grounds that it does not attract the jurisdiction of Bangalore.
"The lands are situated in Shimoga. The transactions have taken place in Shimoga. The addresses of all the accused are in Shimoga," the court observed.
The court, however, granted the liberty to the respondent, Shimoga-based advocate Vinod B to re-present the complaint before the Lokayukta court at Shimoga.
Speaking to PTI outside the court premises, Vinod said "we will be filing an application before the Lokayukta court at Bangalore seeking return of documents to file it before the Lokayukta court in Shimoga".
Yeddyurappa, his son B Y Raghavendra, MP and five `benamidars`, who have been named in the complaint, had filed a petition in the High Court seeking its quashing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof