HC quashes land grab complaint against Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: In a relief to former Chief Minister and KJP leader B S Yeddyurappa, Karnataka High Court Tuesday quashed a land grab complaint against him.
Justice K N Keshavanarayana quashed the complaint alleging encroachment of land in Bhadra Reserve Forest by Yeddyurappa and others on the grounds that it does not attract the jurisdiction of Bangalore.
"The lands are situated in Shimoga. The transactions have taken place in Shimoga. The addresses of all the accused are in Shimoga," the court observed.
The court, however, granted the liberty to the respondent, Shimoga-based advocate Vinod B to re-present the complaint before the Lokayukta court at Shimoga.
Speaking to PTI outside the court premises, Vinod said "we will be filing an application before the Lokayukta court at Bangalore seeking return of documents to file it before the Lokayukta court in Shimoga".
Yeddyurappa, his son B Y Raghavendra, MP and five `benamidars`, who have been named in the complaint, had filed a petition in the High Court seeking its quashing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?