HC refuses to stay proceedings against Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday refused to grant stay on the proceedings initiated against former Chief Minister, H D Kumaraswamy and his wife by a lower court on a private complaint filed against them.
Justice K N Keshavanarayan rejected the applications filed by Kumaraswamy and his wife Anita praying for staying the proceedings before the Lokayukta Special Court initiated on a
The Lokayukta court on August eight issued summons on Kumaraswamy and his wife asking them to appear before it today.
Kumaraswamy had challenged the issue of summons and also the proceedings initiated by the court against him.
Earlier in the day, the lower court dismissed anticipatory bail plea filed by Kumaraswamy and Anita.
In the private complaint filed by advocate Vinod Kumar, it has been alleged that Kumaraswamy illegally recommended renewal of mining license of Jantakkal mining company and also allotted land to a private housing society, when he was the Chief Minister.
The housing society in turn allotted a residential site to Anita, the complaint alleged.
Kumaraswamy and Anita are likely to appear before the Lokayukta court later in the day.
Former Chief Minister, B S Yeddyurappa and some of his family members including his two sons appeared before the Lokayukta court yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof