HC rejects bail one of the accused in serial blasts in B`lore
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Monday rejected the bail petition of an accused in 2008 serial bomb blasts in the city.
Justice HN Nagamohan Das rejected the bail petition of Abdul Khadar, 29th accused in the case relating to the serial blasts which killed two persons and left over 20 injured.
He dismissed the bail plea on the grounds that offence the accused had committed was of a serious nature and in view of national interest and security he could not be granted the relilef.
In all, 32 persons have beein arraigned as accused in the serial blasts that rocked the IT hub on July 25, 2008.
Out of the 32, seven are absconding, four had been killed in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir and the remaining 21 have been arrested and chargesheeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons