HC rejects bail one of the accused in serial blasts in B`lore
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Monday rejected the bail petition of an accused in 2008 serial bomb blasts in the city.
Justice HN Nagamohan Das rejected the bail petition of Abdul Khadar, 29th accused in the case relating to the serial blasts which killed two persons and left over 20 injured.
He dismissed the bail plea on the grounds that offence the accused had committed was of a serious nature and in view of national interest and security he could not be granted the relilef.
In all, 32 persons have beein arraigned as accused in the serial blasts that rocked the IT hub on July 25, 2008.
Out of the 32, seven are absconding, four had been killed in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir and the remaining 21 have been arrested and chargesheeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez