HC rejects BSY`s plea on quashing summons
Bangalore: In a setback to former Karnataka
Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, the High Court Tuesday dismissed his two petitions praying for quashing of summons issued to him by a lower court in connection with alleged land scams.
Justice Anand Byrareddy dismissed the petitions after
hearing the arguments of petitioner and advocate Sirajin
Basha on whose private complaints the Lokayukta Court had
issued summons against Yeddyurappa and 14 other accused.
The court also dismissed a similar petition filed by MLA
Hemachandra Sagar, named in the complaint.
Basha told the court that all charges against Yeddyurappa
and other accused were backed by documentary evidence.
The Lokayukta court had on August 8 last year issued
summons against Yeddyurappa on charges of illegally
denotifying Bangalore Development Authority land in Arkavathy
Layout, Devarachikkanahalli and Arekere favouring his family
Another complaint against Yeddyurappa relates to
denotification of land in Uttarahalli and Agara villages,
regarding which also the Lokayukta court had issued summons
on August 23.
The fresh trouble for Yeddyurappa comes a day after the
Lokayukta police gave a clean chit to him in another private
complaint in which he has been accused of favouring a private
company in awarding a contract in Upper Bhadra irrigation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note