HC rejects petitions by former Minister CP Yogeeshwara
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Friday dismissed petitions filed by former minister C P Yogeeshwara seeking quashing of the proceedings against him in a lower court in connection with the Megacity project scam.
The court also dismissed the anticipatory bail petitions of Yogeeshwara.
Hearing the 10 criminal petitions filed by Yogeeshwara, five seeking quashing and the others seeking anticipatory bail in the matter, Justice K N Keshavanarayana dismissed all.
Dismissing petitions seeking quashing on the grounds that the matter had to be decided on merit, the court, however, directed the petitioner to approach the sessions court for anticipatory bail.
Yogeeshwara is facing cases concerning Mega City (Bangalore) Builders and Developers Limited, an entity floated by him in April 2009, which are pending before the Special Court of Economic Offence Bangalore.
The firm had shown Rs 37.22 crore as paid to sundry debtors during 2005-06. It was shown as advance paid for purchase of land for Vajragiri project launched by Mega City between 1995-96 and 2005-06.
It was later found that no land was acquired by the company though such fraudulent deeds was shown in its account.
Cases were filed against the company by the Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
In all, 19 criminal petitions were filed by Yogeeshwara and others, out of which five were withdrawn. Of the remaining 14, three were quashed earlier and one was transferred from the First ACMM court to the Special Court for Economic Offences.
Besides Yogeeshwara, the others accused in the case include his wife Manju Kumari, his father-in-law, P Mahadevaiah and his brother C P Gangadhareshwara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter