HC reserves judgement on petition by 5 Independent MLAs
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Tuesday
reserved its judgement on the writ petition filed by the five
Independent MLAs who had challenged Assembly Speaker K G
Bopaiah`s order disqualifying them under the Anti-Defection
A full bench, comprising Justices Mohan Shanthanagoudar,
Abdul Nazeer and A S Bopanna, reserved its orders after
concluding the hearing from both parties.
P M Narendraswamy, Gulihatti D Shekhar, D Sudhakar,
Shivaraj S Thangadagi and Venkataramanappa were disqualified
by Bopaiah on October 10, a day before Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa sought the vote of confidence, which he won.
The five legislators, along with 11 BJP rebel MLAs, had
earlier withdrawn support to the Yeddyurappa government by
submitting a letter to Governor H R Bhardwaj.
The Speaker had passed the composite order on separate
writ petitions by two BJP MLAs C T Ravi and D N Jeevaraj, who
is also the Chief Whip of BJP legislature party, and one voter
each from five Assembly constituencies represented by the five
MLAs, seeking their disqualification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh