HC reserves order on Reddy`s petition
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Thursday reserved its order on a criminal petition filed by former state Tourism Minister G Janardhana Reddy challenging the CBI court remanding him to police custody in connection with illegal mining activity by the Associated Mining Company, owned by him and his wife Aruna.
Justice N Ananda reserved the verdict on the petition which also sought quashing of the CBI probe against him. Reddy appeared before the CBI court here on March 2 in connection with the case and was remanded to CBI custody till March 12.
His personal assistant Ali Khan, who is one of the accused in the case, was also remanded to CBI custody till March 12. Their custody was extend till March 16 by the CBI court.
The former minister was brought here from Chanchalaguda prison where he has been lodged along with his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy since September 5 after his arrest by CBI in "illegal" mining case in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC).
The CBI had last December chargesheeted Reddys and three others in the OMC case accusing them of doctoring documents and hatching a conspiracy along with some public servants violating mining lease agreements.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'