HC reserves order on Reddy`s petition
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Thursday reserved its order on a criminal petition filed by former state Tourism Minister G Janardhana Reddy challenging the CBI court remanding him to police custody in connection with illegal mining activity by the Associated Mining Company, owned by him and his wife Aruna.
Justice N Ananda reserved the verdict on the petition which also sought quashing of the CBI probe against him. Reddy appeared before the CBI court here on March 2 in connection with the case and was remanded to CBI custody till March 12.
His personal assistant Ali Khan, who is one of the accused in the case, was also remanded to CBI custody till March 12. Their custody was extend till March 16 by the CBI court.
The former minister was brought here from Chanchalaguda prison where he has been lodged along with his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy since September 5 after his arrest by CBI in "illegal" mining case in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC).
The CBI had last December chargesheeted Reddys and three others in the OMC case accusing them of doctoring documents and hatching a conspiracy along with some public servants violating mining lease agreements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant