HC reserves order on Reddy`s petition
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Thursday reserved its order on a criminal petition filed by former state Tourism Minister G Janardhana Reddy challenging the CBI court remanding him to police custody in connection with illegal mining activity by the Associated Mining Company, owned by him and his wife Aruna.
Justice N Ananda reserved the verdict on the petition which also sought quashing of the CBI probe against him. Reddy appeared before the CBI court here on March 2 in connection with the case and was remanded to CBI custody till March 12.
His personal assistant Ali Khan, who is one of the accused in the case, was also remanded to CBI custody till March 12. Their custody was extend till March 16 by the CBI court.
The former minister was brought here from Chanchalaguda prison where he has been lodged along with his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy since September 5 after his arrest by CBI in "illegal" mining case in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC).
The CBI had last December chargesheeted Reddys and three others in the OMC case accusing them of doctoring documents and hatching a conspiracy along with some public servants violating mining lease agreements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM