HC reserves verdict on appeal by ComedK
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday reserved orders on an appeal by the Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges (Comedk), challenging the single judge`s order to redo the entire counselling process in respect of post-graduate dental courses.
Justice Ashok B Inchigeri on May 25 had directed ComedK to redo the entire counselling process in respect of post- graduate dental courses on a plea by 12 dental graduates.
ComedK had refused counselling to them on the ground that the counterfoils they produced did not carry the bank seal and in some cases DDs produced were of nationalised banks.
Thereafter ComedK challenged the single judge`s order. In the last hearing, the division bench headed by Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen had stayed the single judge order.
The division bench reserved its verdict for tomorrow when the case came up for hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr