HC reserves verdict on appeal by ComedK
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday reserved orders on an appeal by the Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges (Comedk), challenging the single judge`s order to redo the entire counselling process in respect of post-graduate dental courses.
Justice Ashok B Inchigeri on May 25 had directed ComedK to redo the entire counselling process in respect of post- graduate dental courses on a plea by 12 dental graduates.
ComedK had refused counselling to them on the ground that the counterfoils they produced did not carry the bank seal and in some cases DDs produced were of nationalised banks.
Thereafter ComedK challenged the single judge`s order. In the last hearing, the division bench headed by Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen had stayed the single judge order.
The division bench reserved its verdict for tomorrow when the case came up for hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest