HC reserves verdict on Bidari case for May 28
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Friday reserved its judgement for May 28 on the plea filed by DGP, S M Bidari seeking his reinstatement as the Inspector General and Director General of Police,Karnataka.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice N Kumar and Justice H S Kempanna, reserved the verdict on the petition after conclusion of arguments by both sides.
Earlier, senior counsel representing Bidari, S N Chandrashekhar filed a memo seeking permission to withdraw the Interlocutory Application (IA) filed by him praying for referring the matter to a different bench subsequent to the assurance by the bench that it would review the case as per Supreme Court directions and go "only by facts of the case".
The memo was then taken on record and the IA filed by Bidari and that filed by the respondent, present IGP and DGP A R Infant praying for contempt proceedings against his predecessor, were accordingly dismissed.
Making his submissions on behalf of the state as it had filed a similar connected writ plea, Advocate General S Vijay Shankar stated that Bidari has nowhere been indicted in the report submitted by the National Human Rights Commission probing the alleged atrocities of the STF headed by him during operations to nab sandalwood smuggler Veerappan.
Since Bidari was not indicted, the Advocate General submitted that the document was not considered relevant and not sent to the Union Public Service Commission for empanelment.
"The documents are not relevant and their non inclusion in the dossier (sent by the state government to the UPSC), does not vitiate the empanelment", Vijay Shankar contended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you