HC stays probe into complaint against BJP MLA
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Monday stayed till November 24 the Lokayukta Police probe into a private complaint against ruling BJP MLA Muniraju alleging land grabbing.
The stay was granted by Justice BV Pinto on a petition by Muniraju seeking quashing of the complaint.
The Lokayukta court here on November 2 had directed the Lokayukta Police to conduct the probe into the complaint filed by a person named Puttaswamy.
The complainant has charged Muniraju with illegally transferring ownership of a portion of a land belonging to his mother-in-law by fabricating documents with the help of officials and misusing his official position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok