HC takes cognisance of docs strike, initiates suo
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Monday took cognisance of the ongoing strike by the doctors and paramedical staff and initiated suo motu action against them.
Hearing an oral submission by advocate S Vasudev who had earlier filed PILs on the same issue, a Division bench headed by acting Chief Justice K Sreedhar Rao, took cognisance of the strike by 65,000 doctors and paramedical staff which entered the fourth day today and initiated suo motu action against the agitators.
Citing the order of this court by the Division Bench headed by the then Chief Justice R L Sodhi on a similar PIL filed by him (Vasudev) in 2005, the advocate said the bench then had stated that the doctors had no right to strike and whatever legitimate grievances they have, must be putforth before government which should sympathetically consider them.
The issue came up before the court again in 2009, when the division bench headed by then Chief Justice P D Dinakaran had initiated suo motu action against the striking doctors, Vasudev submitted.
The court then directed the Registrar Judiciary to prepare a note on the issue and put it up before the court for issuance of notice to the respondents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened