HC takes cognisance of docs strike, initiates suo
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Monday took cognisance of the ongoing strike by the doctors and paramedical staff and initiated suo motu action against them.
Hearing an oral submission by advocate S Vasudev who had earlier filed PILs on the same issue, a Division bench headed by acting Chief Justice K Sreedhar Rao, took cognisance of the strike by 65,000 doctors and paramedical staff which entered the fourth day today and initiated suo motu action against the agitators.
Citing the order of this court by the Division Bench headed by the then Chief Justice R L Sodhi on a similar PIL filed by him (Vasudev) in 2005, the advocate said the bench then had stated that the doctors had no right to strike and whatever legitimate grievances they have, must be putforth before government which should sympathetically consider them.
The issue came up before the court again in 2009, when the division bench headed by then Chief Justice P D Dinakaran had initiated suo motu action against the striking doctors, Vasudev submitted.
The court then directed the Registrar Judiciary to prepare a note on the issue and put it up before the court for issuance of notice to the respondents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie