HC takes cognisance of docs strike, initiates suo
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Monday took cognisance of the ongoing strike by the doctors and paramedical staff and initiated suo motu action against them.
Hearing an oral submission by advocate S Vasudev who had earlier filed PILs on the same issue, a Division bench headed by acting Chief Justice K Sreedhar Rao, took cognisance of the strike by 65,000 doctors and paramedical staff which entered the fourth day today and initiated suo motu action against the agitators.
Citing the order of this court by the Division Bench headed by the then Chief Justice R L Sodhi on a similar PIL filed by him (Vasudev) in 2005, the advocate said the bench then had stated that the doctors had no right to strike and whatever legitimate grievances they have, must be putforth before government which should sympathetically consider them.
The issue came up before the court again in 2009, when the division bench headed by then Chief Justice P D Dinakaran had initiated suo motu action against the striking doctors, Vasudev submitted.
The court then directed the Registrar Judiciary to prepare a note on the issue and put it up before the court for issuance of notice to the respondents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy