Hearing against Krishna, 2 ex-CMs adjourned
Bangalore: The Lokayukta Court here on Monday adjourned to April 11 further hearing on a private complaint
against External Affairs Minister S M Krishna and two other
former Karnataka chief ministers, accusing them of involvement
in illegal mining.
Lokayukta Judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned hearing on
the complaint filed by social activist T J Abraham after he
sought time in view of the Supreme Court stay on the
investigation into allegations against Krishna in the case.
Abraham also filed a memo before the Lokayukta court
seeking a probe into the veracity of contents of an affidavit
filed by Samudaya Parivartana Samaj (SPS) in the illegal
He submitted that the SPS had approached the Lokayukta
court seeking to be arrayed as co-complainants in the mining
case although there is no provision for it as per Criminal
Procedure Code 1973.
Abraham alleged the SPS was trying to interfere in the
case at the behest of someone, probably some of the illegal
mining company owners who may be funding the organisation to
derail the case.
In his complaint in December last year, Abraham had
accused Krishna (who was Chief Minister from October 1999 to
May 2004), and his successors N Dharam Singh (Congress) and H
D Kumaraswamy (JDS) of having indulged in various acts of
illegal omission and commission in relation to grant of leases
for mining in the state during their tenure as Chief
Ministers. He also named 11 officials as co-accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing