Hearing against Yeddy, others adjourned to Sep 17
Bangalore: The Lokayukta Court on Tuesday adjourned to September 17 hearing of the bail applications by
B S Yeddyurappa and 14 others in connection with a private
complaint alleging irregularities in denotification of
government land by him.
Lokayukta special court judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned
hearing on the applications on the complaint by advocate
Sirajin Basha in which they have been accused of causing an
estimated Rs 124 crore loss to the state exchequer.
Senior counsel for the complainant C H Hanumantharaya
filed his objections to the first complaint and sought time
till September 17 to file objections to the second one,
involving Yeddyurappa and nine others, where they have been
accused of causing an estimated loss of Rs 175 crore to the
The court then took on record objections to bail
applications filed by complainant`s counsel in the first
complaint and adjourned the hearing on it to September 17.
All the accused in the two complaints had filed their
bail applications before the court on August 29.
Earlier, the court allowed the application of
Yeddyurappa, the first accused and his son B Y Raghavendra,
MP, the third accused in the second complaint, seeking
exemption from personal appearance.
Yeddyurappa, who failed to appear in court today, moved
an application seeking exemption from personal appearance
stating he was required to attend a BJP high command meeting
campaign for the Sept 26 bypoll in Koppal constituency, among
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Zydus Cadila gets USFDA's final nod for fungal treatment drug
- These power-packed dialogues are the soul of Salman Khan's 'Sultan' trailer!
- NIA says modus operandi same in Kathua, Samba and Pathankot terror attacks
- Govt in damage control mode after African envoys demand action against 'Afro-phobia'
- Bajrangi Dal camp row: CPI(M) questions SP govt silence, calls on President to take action