Hearing of complaints against Yeddy, others adjourned to Feb14
Bangalore: A local court Friday adjourned
till February 14 hearing of all five complaints against Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and some his family members, including his son-in-law, over allegations of corruption.
City-based advocates Sirajin Basha and K N Balaraj had
filed the complaints before the Lokayukta court last month.
When hearing commenced before Additional Civil and
Sessions judge and special judge C B Hipparagi, senior counsel
for the two advocates Anup Chowdhary raised the issue of
whether the accused have the right of audience even before
summons are issued by the court.
"Till summons are issued there is no right of audience
for the accused. There is a Supreme Court direction to this
effect. If you wish to overrule the direction, then it is your decision," he pointed out.
At this, the special judge adjourned the hearing to
The case had come up for hearing after it had been
adjourned yesterday. The court yesterday gave the direction
after Yeddyurappa`s son-in-law Sohan Kumar filed an
application in response to a fifth complaint against him
seeking stay of the proceedings on the grounds that the same matter was being probed by the Lokayukta.
In response to Kumar`s plea, counsel for the petitioners C H Hanumantharaya filed his objections and
requested Hipparagi to post the case for arguments today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown