Hearing on Yeddyurappa adjourned to Sep 13
Bangalore: A Lokayukta Court on Wednesday adjourned to
Sept13, hearing of private complaints alleging irregularities
in denotification of government land by former Chief Minister
B S Yeddyurappa and his family, on which he had been issued
summons last month.
Lokayukta Special Court Judge N K Sundhindra Rao adjourned
hearing of the pleas filed by advocate Sirajin Basha granting
time to the counsel for the accused to argue on the issue of
right of representation by counsel for the complainant who
submitted a vakalat (power of attorney) that he wished to be
prosecutor for the complainant.
Earlier, senior counsel C H Hanumantharaya filed a
vakalat to the said effect.
Objecting to the vakalat, senior counsel for Yeddyurappa,
C V Nagesh and Ravi B Naik, submitted that if the counsel for
the complainant has filed a vakalat to appear as prosecutor
for the case, he has "to justify it and explain it".
Nagesh said Pramod Chandra who has been appointed as the
Special Public Prosectuor for Lokayukta, which is probing the
case, should also be present.
Ravi Naik submitted that since it was a "technical matter",
Yeddyurappa, who was present today and also during the last
hearing on August 29, be exempted from personal appearance as
it was not only "causing incovenience to public because of
security reasons but was also distrupting judicial proceedings
because of the huge crowd that had gathered outside the court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate