Hearing on Yeddyurappa adjourned to Sep 13
Bangalore: A Lokayukta Court on Wednesday adjourned to
Sept13, hearing of private complaints alleging irregularities
in denotification of government land by former Chief Minister
B S Yeddyurappa and his family, on which he had been issued
summons last month.
Lokayukta Special Court Judge N K Sundhindra Rao adjourned
hearing of the pleas filed by advocate Sirajin Basha granting
time to the counsel for the accused to argue on the issue of
right of representation by counsel for the complainant who
submitted a vakalat (power of attorney) that he wished to be
prosecutor for the complainant.
Earlier, senior counsel C H Hanumantharaya filed a
vakalat to the said effect.
Objecting to the vakalat, senior counsel for Yeddyurappa,
C V Nagesh and Ravi B Naik, submitted that if the counsel for
the complainant has filed a vakalat to appear as prosecutor
for the case, he has "to justify it and explain it".
Nagesh said Pramod Chandra who has been appointed as the
Special Public Prosectuor for Lokayukta, which is probing the
case, should also be present.
Ravi Naik submitted that since it was a "technical matter",
Yeddyurappa, who was present today and also during the last
hearing on August 29, be exempted from personal appearance as
it was not only "causing incovenience to public because of
security reasons but was also distrupting judicial proceedings
because of the huge crowd that had gathered outside the court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next