Hearing on Yeddyurappa adjourned to Sep 13
Bangalore: A Lokayukta Court on Wednesday adjourned to
Sept13, hearing of private complaints alleging irregularities
in denotification of government land by former Chief Minister
B S Yeddyurappa and his family, on which he had been issued
summons last month.
Lokayukta Special Court Judge N K Sundhindra Rao adjourned
hearing of the pleas filed by advocate Sirajin Basha granting
time to the counsel for the accused to argue on the issue of
right of representation by counsel for the complainant who
submitted a vakalat (power of attorney) that he wished to be
prosecutor for the complainant.
Earlier, senior counsel C H Hanumantharaya filed a
vakalat to the said effect.
Objecting to the vakalat, senior counsel for Yeddyurappa,
C V Nagesh and Ravi B Naik, submitted that if the counsel for
the complainant has filed a vakalat to appear as prosecutor
for the case, he has "to justify it and explain it".
Nagesh said Pramod Chandra who has been appointed as the
Special Public Prosectuor for Lokayukta, which is probing the
case, should also be present.
Ravi Naik submitted that since it was a "technical matter",
Yeddyurappa, who was present today and also during the last
hearing on August 29, be exempted from personal appearance as
it was not only "causing incovenience to public because of
security reasons but was also distrupting judicial proceedings
because of the huge crowd that had gathered outside the court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?