Heavy bandobust for winter session at Belgaum
Belgaum: Elaborate security arrangements have been made in the city for winter legislature session of the assembly at Suvarna Soudha, beginning December 5, police said.
Superintendent of Police Sandeep Patil said 4,000 police personnel drawn from local police, will be deployed round the clock for the smooth conduct of the winter session.
Apart from local police, the district administration has sought the services of personnel from other districts to maintain law and order in the city, Patil said.
A total of 200 CCTV Cameras have been installed and the services of 20 dog squads and 16 Anti-Sabotage check teams requisitioned for the purpose,he said.
The city has been divided into several sectors, each monitored by an ASI grade officials, he added.
Prohibitory orders would be in force within a one kilometre radius from Suvarna Soudha to avoid any protest by any organisation, Patil said.
Vehicles entering Belgaum would be thoroughly checked, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened