Heavy bandobust for winter session at Belgaum
Belgaum: Elaborate security arrangements have been made in the city for winter legislature session of the assembly at Suvarna Soudha, beginning December 5, police said.
Superintendent of Police Sandeep Patil said 4,000 police personnel drawn from local police, will be deployed round the clock for the smooth conduct of the winter session.
Apart from local police, the district administration has sought the services of personnel from other districts to maintain law and order in the city, Patil said.
A total of 200 CCTV Cameras have been installed and the services of 20 dog squads and 16 Anti-Sabotage check teams requisitioned for the purpose,he said.
The city has been divided into several sectors, each monitored by an ASI grade officials, he added.
Prohibitory orders would be in force within a one kilometre radius from Suvarna Soudha to avoid any protest by any organisation, Patil said.
Vehicles entering Belgaum would be thoroughly checked, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days