Heavy bandobust for winter session at Belgaum
Belgaum: Elaborate security arrangements have been made in the city for winter legislature session of the assembly at Suvarna Soudha, beginning December 5, police said.
Superintendent of Police Sandeep Patil said 4,000 police personnel drawn from local police, will be deployed round the clock for the smooth conduct of the winter session.
Apart from local police, the district administration has sought the services of personnel from other districts to maintain law and order in the city, Patil said.
A total of 200 CCTV Cameras have been installed and the services of 20 dog squads and 16 Anti-Sabotage check teams requisitioned for the purpose,he said.
The city has been divided into several sectors, each monitored by an ASI grade officials, he added.
Prohibitory orders would be in force within a one kilometre radius from Suvarna Soudha to avoid any protest by any organisation, Patil said.
Vehicles entering Belgaum would be thoroughly checked, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview