Hegde questioned on silence on graft in Lokayukta
Bangalore: Continuing his attacks on former
Lokayukta Santosh Hegde, Excise Minister MP Renukacharya on Wednesday questioned his `silence` over corruption by officials of
the anti-corruption watchdog.
"Why did Hegde not take action against those corrupt
officials", Renukacharya a staunch supporter of former Chief
Minister BS Yeddyurappa asked at a press meet here while
pointing out to former Lokayukta top police officer`s
statement that Lokayukta officials received bribes from
He alleged that Hegde`s report on illegal mining was
"politically motivated" with the sole aim of ousting
Yeddyurappa from chief ministership.
Renukacharya said the mining lobby thrived during Congress
Government and that government issued no-objection certificate
for mining activity in Bellary reserved forest area in 2003.
The then minister for mines and geology V Muniyappa was
forced to give permission for mining in reserved forest area,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed