Hegde questioned on silence on graft in Lokayukta
Bangalore: Continuing his attacks on former
Lokayukta Santosh Hegde, Excise Minister MP Renukacharya on Wednesday questioned his `silence` over corruption by officials of
the anti-corruption watchdog.
"Why did Hegde not take action against those corrupt
officials", Renukacharya a staunch supporter of former Chief
Minister BS Yeddyurappa asked at a press meet here while
pointing out to former Lokayukta top police officer`s
statement that Lokayukta officials received bribes from
He alleged that Hegde`s report on illegal mining was
"politically motivated" with the sole aim of ousting
Yeddyurappa from chief ministership.
Renukacharya said the mining lobby thrived during Congress
Government and that government issued no-objection certificate
for mining activity in Bellary reserved forest area in 2003.
The then minister for mines and geology V Muniyappa was
forced to give permission for mining in reserved forest area,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!