Hegde questioned on silence on graft in Lokayukta
Bangalore: Continuing his attacks on former
Lokayukta Santosh Hegde, Excise Minister MP Renukacharya on Wednesday questioned his `silence` over corruption by officials of
the anti-corruption watchdog.
"Why did Hegde not take action against those corrupt
officials", Renukacharya a staunch supporter of former Chief
Minister BS Yeddyurappa asked at a press meet here while
pointing out to former Lokayukta top police officer`s
statement that Lokayukta officials received bribes from
He alleged that Hegde`s report on illegal mining was
"politically motivated" with the sole aim of ousting
Yeddyurappa from chief ministership.
Renukacharya said the mining lobby thrived during Congress
Government and that government issued no-objection certificate
for mining activity in Bellary reserved forest area in 2003.
The then minister for mines and geology V Muniyappa was
forced to give permission for mining in reserved forest area,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP