Hegde questioned on silence on graft in Lokayukta
Bangalore: Continuing his attacks on former
Lokayukta Santosh Hegde, Excise Minister MP Renukacharya on Wednesday questioned his `silence` over corruption by officials of
the anti-corruption watchdog.
"Why did Hegde not take action against those corrupt
officials", Renukacharya a staunch supporter of former Chief
Minister BS Yeddyurappa asked at a press meet here while
pointing out to former Lokayukta top police officer`s
statement that Lokayukta officials received bribes from
He alleged that Hegde`s report on illegal mining was
"politically motivated" with the sole aim of ousting
Yeddyurappa from chief ministership.
Renukacharya said the mining lobby thrived during Congress
Government and that government issued no-objection certificate
for mining activity in Bellary reserved forest area in 2003.
The then minister for mines and geology V Muniyappa was
forced to give permission for mining in reserved forest area,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH