Hegde questioned on silence on graft in Lokayukta
Bangalore: Continuing his attacks on former
Lokayukta Santosh Hegde, Excise Minister MP Renukacharya on Wednesday questioned his `silence` over corruption by officials of
the anti-corruption watchdog.
"Why did Hegde not take action against those corrupt
officials", Renukacharya a staunch supporter of former Chief
Minister BS Yeddyurappa asked at a press meet here while
pointing out to former Lokayukta top police officer`s
statement that Lokayukta officials received bribes from
He alleged that Hegde`s report on illegal mining was
"politically motivated" with the sole aim of ousting
Yeddyurappa from chief ministership.
Renukacharya said the mining lobby thrived during Congress
Government and that government issued no-objection certificate
for mining activity in Bellary reserved forest area in 2003.
The then minister for mines and geology V Muniyappa was
forced to give permission for mining in reserved forest area,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!