Hegde should withdraw resignation: Rama Jois
Bangalore: Former Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice and Rajya Sabha member M Rama Jois today termed Justice Santosh Hegde`s resignation as Karnataka Lok Ayukta as a "great setback to the battle against corruption" and appealed him to withdraw his resignation.
He also asked to him to continue the fight against corruption "with determination to win the war, particularly for the reason it is difficult to get a commander of his
stature as replacement to the office of Lok Ayukta".
In a statement here, Jois said, "Obviously, the entire people of the State have great respect and admiration for him and want him to continue and the State Government in
particular the Chief Minister has the highest regard for him and is willing to accept all his recommendations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends