Hegde should withdraw resignation: Rama Jois
Bangalore: Former Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice and Rajya Sabha member M Rama Jois today termed Justice Santosh Hegde`s resignation as Karnataka Lok Ayukta as a "great setback to the battle against corruption" and appealed him to withdraw his resignation.
He also asked to him to continue the fight against corruption "with determination to win the war, particularly for the reason it is difficult to get a commander of his
stature as replacement to the office of Lok Ayukta".
In a statement here, Jois said, "Obviously, the entire people of the State have great respect and admiration for him and want him to continue and the State Government in
particular the Chief Minister has the highest regard for him and is willing to accept all his recommendations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000