Hegde should withdraw resignation: Rama Jois
Bangalore: Former Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice and Rajya Sabha member M Rama Jois today termed Justice Santosh Hegde`s resignation as Karnataka Lok Ayukta as a "great setback to the battle against corruption" and appealed him to withdraw his resignation.
He also asked to him to continue the fight against corruption "with determination to win the war, particularly for the reason it is difficult to get a commander of his
stature as replacement to the office of Lok Ayukta".
In a statement here, Jois said, "Obviously, the entire people of the State have great respect and admiration for him and want him to continue and the State Government in
particular the Chief Minister has the highest regard for him and is willing to accept all his recommendations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie