High level probe into sexual harassment charges against Prof
Bangalore: Karnataka Government on Monday ordered
a high-level probe into allegations of sexual harassment
levelled against a Professor of Mysore University by a
"Chief Secretary SV Ranganath has been asked to hold the
enquiry and submit a report to the government at the
earliest," Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa told reporters here
when asked for his reaction to the incident.
Action would be taken against the accused after receiving
the report, he said.
A woman Research scholar had alleged that her guide and
Professor of Zoology Department had sexually harassed her.
The issue is also being probed by a committee at university level.
On March 5,she had attempted to commit suicide by consuming sleeping pills following the alleged sexual harassment, which the accused has denied. She is now out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama
- Check Mahresults.nic.in & hscresult.mkcl.org for class 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board, MSBSHSE today at 1 PM
- Pinarayi Vijayan to swear-in as Kerala CM today, says people have high hopes of us
- Five reasons to watch ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan
- Namotel Acache Din: Booking for worlds cheapest android smartphone at Rs 99 closes today