High level probe into sexual harassment charges against Prof
Bangalore: Karnataka Government on Monday ordered
a high-level probe into allegations of sexual harassment
levelled against a Professor of Mysore University by a
"Chief Secretary SV Ranganath has been asked to hold the
enquiry and submit a report to the government at the
earliest," Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa told reporters here
when asked for his reaction to the incident.
Action would be taken against the accused after receiving
the report, he said.
A woman Research scholar had alleged that her guide and
Professor of Zoology Department had sexually harassed her.
The issue is also being probed by a committee at university level.
On March 5,she had attempted to commit suicide by consuming sleeping pills following the alleged sexual harassment, which the accused has denied. She is now out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?