High level probe into sexual harassment charges against Prof
Bangalore: Karnataka Government on Monday ordered
a high-level probe into allegations of sexual harassment
levelled against a Professor of Mysore University by a
"Chief Secretary SV Ranganath has been asked to hold the
enquiry and submit a report to the government at the
earliest," Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa told reporters here
when asked for his reaction to the incident.
Action would be taken against the accused after receiving
the report, he said.
A woman Research scholar had alleged that her guide and
Professor of Zoology Department had sexually harassed her.
The issue is also being probed by a committee at university level.
On March 5,she had attempted to commit suicide by consuming sleeping pills following the alleged sexual harassment, which the accused has denied. She is now out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy