Hope BJP high command will reinstate me: BSY
Bangalore: Armed with the high court verdict
clearing him in an illegal mining case, Karnataka BJP
strongman B S Yeddyurappa on Thursday hoped the party`s central
leadership would act on its "promise" to reinstate him as
chief minister as his loyalists raised the pitch for it.
"I am 100 per cent confident the high command will take
an appropriate decision at an appropriate time. In fact, the
BJP high command has promised me to make me chief minister
once I come clean from this case", he told PTI, a day after
the high court quashed an FIR against him in an illegal mining
The BJP Central leadership had forced Yeddyurappa to quit
in July 2011 after he was indicted by the Lokayukta report on
illegal mining that had caused a political storm in the state.
Yeddyurappa who has sent copies of the court order to BJP
President Nitin Gadkari, senior leaders Sushma Swaraj and Arun
Jaitley, however ruled out visiting Delhi to mount pressure on
the central leadership.
He also requested his supporters not to visit Delhi to
drum up support and told them to leave it to the high command.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said he
would not like to comment on Yeddyurappa`s reinstatement.
He said he would come clean in all the cases filed
against him, in an apparent rejoinder to Chief Minister D V
Sadananda Gowda, who had pointed to pending cases against him.
However, Gowda clarified that his remark on cases against
Yeddyurappa has been misquoted.
Yeddyurappa has been in constant consultations with his
loyalists since yesterday after the court pronounced its
verdict and continued it today also.
State unit BJP President K S Eswarappa, who welcomed the
order, however firmly ruled out change of guard in the state.
BJP sources said the high command is unlikely to devote
time to the issue, at least till completion of the budget
session, beginning Mar 20, as they are busy installing their
governments in Goa and Uttarkhand.
In another development excise Minister M P Renukacharya,
a staunch Yeddyurappa supporter today asked Gowda at the
Cabinet meet to honour his promise he held out in July 2011 to
quit, to which Gowda replied that the high command will decide
on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27