Hospitals attached to medical colleges to offer free treatment
Bangalore: Hospitals attached to medical
colleges in Karnataka, including private ones, would offer
free treatment, including surgeries, and medicine to patients
on July one, celebrated as doctor`s day.
Informing this after a meeting, Medical Education Minister
Ramachandra Gowda said the day would be dedicated in memory of
former West Bengal Chief Minister Dr. B C Roy.
He said a nine-member panel has been constituted to pick
eminent doctors, who would be given awards on that day at a
function to be attended by Governor H R Bhardwaj and Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali